Effective date: July 7, 2017
Here is the information we collect:
- Login Information: We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us including, without limitation, your name, email address, gender, and password. If you login using a third party account (like Facebook), we will also collect your third party account login credentials as well as information you allow us to access including your basic information, your profile information, your birthday, likes and the user ID’s of your Facebook friends.
- Purchase and Payment Information: We save your address and phone number and our payment gateway, Stripe, saves your payment information in an effort to save time during returns or exchanges. westwardleaning.com does not store credit card information on our site and can only see the last four digits of the card in Stripe at any time.
Here is how we use the information we collect:
- Login Information: We use your login information to allow you to set up a user account and profile and to personalize your experience. We use your email address to send you promotional emails about Westward Leaning and our products and services. We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us make communications with you more interesting and relevant. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information, defined as any personally identifiable information, to anyone. That said, if you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference . You can add, update or delete your personal information . You can delete your account . When you update or delete your information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records, but never in a manner that would identify you personally.
- Purchase and Payment Information: We save your address and phone number and our payment gateway, Stripe, saves your payment information for 6 months in an effort to save time during returns or exchanges. Westwardleaning.com does not store credit card information on our site and can only see the last four digits of the card in Stripe at any time.
- Server Log Information and Cookies: When we collect the usage information described in the Server Log Information and Cookies section above, we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
We will Not Share Your Personally Identifiable Information. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we may share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this section:
- Information that’s no longer personally identifiable: We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you are not individually identified, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
- Affiliates and Third Parties: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a payment processing company to receive and process your credit card transactions for us. Our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information, which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Legal caveats our lawyers made us add:
We make effort to keep your account secure but we cannot guarantee complete security. Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com, and we will try to resolve your concerns.